Trying out the meat-free life or just looking for new ways to eat veggies? This one's for you! In honor of #NationalVegetarianMonth, we're sharing our delicious Glazed Carrots with Whipped Goat Cheese recipe.
Try it out and don't forget to tag @BrigadeKitchen when you share it on social media!
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Lb. Heirloom Carrots
- 2 Oz. Goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Using a Brigade Kitchen Santoku cut your carrots on the diagonal, making sure each piece is about 1 - 2 inches long.
- Place Brigade Kitchen Skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add your carrots, and toss, so all are coated.
- Cover for about 3 - 4 minutes, shaking the skillet occasionally.
- Add the water to the pan and cover, allowing the carrots to steam until just fork tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar, cover & shake, allowing the vinegar to cook down. Another 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add honey and coat your carrots thoroughly, cover and allow to caramelize slightly, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss once more, coating the carrots.
- In a medium mixing bowl add goat cheese, milk, salt & pepper.
- Using a mixer, combine thoroughly until goat cheese is whipped and has a light, spreadable texture.
- Cover platter with an even layer of whipped goat cheese. Place the glazed carrots on the cheese, making sure to drizzle what is left in the pan on top.