Celebrating this seasonal and warm ingredient the best way we know how! This easy and vegetarian soup recipe will elevate any weeknight meal, or make it for friends and really show off your grasp of pumpkin (becuase yes, it does more than PSL.) Try this recipe out, and let us know what you think by tagging #joinedthebrigade.
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 Lb pumpkin
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled whole
- 3 Cups vegetable broth
- 1 Cup water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- Using your Brigade Knife, cut open the pumpkin, scrape out the seeds (you can reserve for toasting) and cut into slices. Using a potato peeler, remove the skin from the slices.
- Cut peeled slices into chunks.
- Dice your onion, and place onion, garlic and pumpkin into your sauce pan with your butter. Allow the onion and garlic to get fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add your water and vegetable broth to the Sauce pan and bring to a boil uncovered, then reduce the heat to a simmer, add your fresh chopped sage and allow pumpkin to become tender, about 20 - 30 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend the soup mixture until silky smooth, and pour back into the Sauce pan, allowing to simmer for another 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and add your heavy cream.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream (and possibly your toasted pumpkin seeds) and enjoy!