Sold your culinary skills a little harder than you should have this Valentine's Day? Never fear...Brigade is here to save you. This easy to execute and delicious dish will wow any date, and keep your culinary legend in-tact.
Prep Time: 12 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt
- 3/4 lb Linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (~16 shrimp)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 lemon, grated zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Drizzle some oil in boiling salted water, add the linguine and cook in your Brigade Sauce Pan for 7-10 minutes, or according to the directions in the package
Meanwhile, in your Brigade Sauté Pan, melt the butter and add the remaining oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, make sure you don't burn the garlic- It happens quickly!
Add the shrimp, salt & pepper and sauté until the shrimp have turned pink in color, about 5 minutes. making sure to keep stirring. Remove from heat and add parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the linguine is done, drain the cooked pasta and add directly to the Sauté pan. The hot pasta will soak up all the juices from the pan where the sauce was built.
Now put on John Legend and serve.